Every team and competitor in Winter Challenge Adventure Race 2012 should carry mandatory equipment.
Apart from all-time mandatory equipment, there are items required only on specific stages (i.e., kayak equipment is required only on kayaking stage).
Also, some items are required to be carried on per team (pt), per person (pp) basis.
This is not advised equipment, every team/competitor must comply with mandatory equipment list and be ready to present the equipment at registration or on the course once requested by officials. Missed mandatory equipment lead to time penalties up to 2 hours per item.
All time equipment
- First aid kit – pt. (one crepe bandage, adhesive tape, wound dressing and six adhesive dressings)
- Whistle – pp.
- Compass – pp.
- Water resistant torch with sufficient batteries – pp.
- Wind and water proof jacket – pp.
- Thermal top long sleeve – pp.
- Survival blanket – pp.
- Water bottle or bladder minimum 0,7 l – pp.
- Set of maps, descriptions with listed emergency contacts (provided by organization) – pt.
- Mobile phone Telstra 3G in waterproof bag with full charge switched off during the race – pt.
Only MTB stages
- Mountain bike – pp.
- Rear red light with sufficient batteries – pp.
- Helmet – pp.
- Repair kit – pt. (minimum two spare cameras, pump and tire levers)
- Bike computer
- Front light (new)
Only kayaking stage
- Kayak – pt. (any type of kayaks or surf-skis are accepted. Both double and single kayaks are accepted). Kayaks, PFDs, paddles provided by organisers (Lite course only). For Pro course kayaks are not provided by default, but pair of Finn Endorfinns could be provided with extra $40 fee. More advanced kayaks could be rented at Peakadventure here >>>
- PFD – pp.
- Double paddle – pp.
- Footwear – pp.
Apart from mandatory equipment above it is recommended to look through the suggested equipment list:
- Sufficient nutrition - pp. During the race it is recommended to take one gel or powerbar per 40 min. This could be used for estimation purposes only, and personal requirements and preferences are vary significantly
- Electrolyte drinks preventing dehydration - pp. For August Victorian weather it is not likely that more than half a liter per hour per person will be required. Though, dehydration is still a possibility and it is highly recommended to have special sport drinks powder with you.
- Long tights - pp.
- Balaclava, buff or beanie - pp.
- Gaiters - pp.
- Waterproof map case - pt.
- Map board – pt.
- Full repair kit – pt. (in addition to minimal list it is advised to have multi tool, chain breaker, spare chain links, patches)
- Bike computer – pt.
- Bike gloves - pp.
- Waterproof map case – pt.
- Dry bag – pp.
- Sunglasses in case of sunny weather – pp.
Sport watch with GPS is allowed.
Please note, equipment list is subject to change. Organizers will advise all registered participants via email. Please fill in correct email during registration.